Frequently Asked Questions
Who can become a member of RFCC?
We began recruiting members in the Spring of 2018 and continue to do so. There are several membership categories: Other portions of our website describe the various membership plans in detail and the current pricing levels.
Where is RFCC facility located?
The facility is at 120 Rodewald Drive in Rushville. It is clearly visible from US Route 67 and located just north of the intersection of US Route 67 and US Route 24.
What are the major components of RFCC facility and site?
The major components of the facility include the following:
1) Fitness/wellness center with a full range of fitness equipment, free weights, small play area for kids visible from the workout area, and two changing rooms with showers. This area covers approximately 4,000 square feet.
2) Gymnasium consisting of a regulation high school basketball court (i.e. 84’ by 50’) with marked areas for a volleyball court and pickle ball courts and batting cages that can be lowered from the ceiling. There is also a walking track on the second floor that circles the gymnasium (12 laps to a mile).
3) An indoor pool with dimensions of 75′ by 25′ which allows members to swim laps.
4) Lobby/welcoming area in the center of the building consisting of a registration desk, llounge area, vending machines, and a recreational area with pool table and Foosball.
5) An all-purpose room located just off the lobby that is used for group fitness activities such as yoga, Zumba, and other general instructor-led group fitness activities. This room can also be scheduled for other community meetings.
6) A spin room accessible from the fitness center with multiple bicycles for use in spin classes.
7) Outside the building and just South of the main facility are a tennis court, two pickle ball courts, and two batting cages.
What are the hours of operation?
Lobby/Welcoming Area and Gymnasium
Monday – Saturday 5:30am – 9:00pm
Sunday 11:00am – 9:00pm
Monday- Saturday 6:00am-8:30pm
(At times the pool, gymnasium, & community room might be closed for special functions)
Who owns the Rushville Fitness and Community Center?
The facility is owned by a 501(c)(3) corporation and operated as a not-for-profit. Corporation status was granted by the State of Illinois on March 6, 2018. Approval of our 501(c)3 application was received in December 2018.
What is the governing structure for the RFCC?
The RFCC has a 7 member board of directors. Each membership unit in RFCC (family membership or individual membership) has one vote in electing the members of the board. The current board members and elected officers are the following: Tim Ward (president), Bob Jones (vice president), Lynn Stambaugh (secretary), Harold Sargent (treasurer), Elaine Boyd, Tim Higgins, Carrie Skiles, John Tribbey, and Cody Duffie. An annual membership meeting is held in the spring of each year to elect board members.
Are gifts to the RFCC annual appeal tax deductible?
Yes, gifts to the RFCC, over and above the fair market value of any services provided, are tax deductible if you itemize deductions when filing your tax return. As always, donors should consult with their tax advisor on their individual situation.
How will funds raised through the annual appeal be utilized?
Funds raised through the annual appeal will be used for several purposes:
1) to cover any initial operating costs prior to opening
2) to fund any operating deficits during operation
3) to provide capital replacement funds moving forward.
4) to provide scholarships for members unable to afford membership rates.